This spicy beef salad is easy to prepare and makes for a light and flavoursome lunch.
- 500g oyster blade steak
- 75ml fish sauce
- 75ml lime juice
- 3 small cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 6 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 150g bean sprouts, topped and tailed
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 200g cherry tomatos
- 1/2 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 75ml sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
Combine the beef with 2 tablespoons of fish sauce and 1 tablespoon of lime juice in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Drain beef; discard marinade. Cook beef on heated, lightly oiled, grill plate until brown on both sides and to desired doneness. Allow the beef to rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly.
Meanwhile, combine cucumber, spring onion, bean sprouts, mint leaves, tomato and coriander in a bowl.
For the dressing, combine remaining fish sauce, lime juice, slices lemongrass, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in a screw-top jar. Shake well.
Add beef and dressing to salad, toss gently, arrange and garnish, then serve.