Recipe: Paprika and anchovy butter
Stanbroke, 5 years ago 2 min read
Want to add an extra kick to your steak? Then look no further than this compound butter with paprika and anchovy butter.
- 100g softened butter
- 8 anchovies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mashed garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, approx 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp sweet or smoked paprika
- Mixing bowl
- Chopping board
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing spoon
Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Remove from the bowl and roll the mixture up using cling wrap. Alternatively, you can leave it in a bowl.
Place in the fridge to harden.
- Try and let the butter soften naturally out of the fridge and not using the microwave. This means the butter will be soft throughout.
- When making the butter don’t forget to taste and adjust accordingly. If you don’t want it to be too salty start with four anchovies, and taste it as you add more. Remember it’s easy to add more but hard to take them out.
- Compound butter will keep fresh in the fridge for 5-7 days depending on the ingredients you use. For example, if you put crab into it, it will only last 2-3 days. So be aware of the usual expected shelf life of what you to add to it.