This recipe for stir fried beef with asparagus and bamboo shoots is a great summer meal and super quick to put together. Serve on its own or with rice or noodles.
- 400 g tri tip beef, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 birds eye chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 5 cm lengths
- 150 g bamboo shoots, sliced
- 120 g snow peas, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish
In a bowl combine beef, soy sauce, sesame oil and half the garlic and chilli. Season well with black pepper and mix to combine. Set aside to marinate for 30 mins.
Drain beef and reserve marinade.
Heat 1 ½ tbsp peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Stir fry beef for 1-2 minutes until just cooked through, remove from wok.
Heat remaining ½ tbsp oil then add remaining garlic and chilli and stir fry for 30 seconds.
Add asparagus, bamboo shoots and snow peas and stir fry for 2–3 minutes until tender. Return beef to wok with oyster sauce and reserved marinade and toss for a further minute until beef is warmed through.
Garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.