In this recipe, the quality of the beef is really showcased. The burger pattie is comprised of three cuts – brisket, chuck and striploin. The brisket and chuck are less commonly known cuts of meat, and the striploin gives the pattie a different flavour profile. Served with cheese, lettuce, bacon and a good quality tomato relish, it’s a winning dish which will appeal to the whole family.
- 200g brisket
- 200g chuck
- 140g striploin (lightly trimmed)
- Good quality smoky bacon, 6 rashers
- 180g field mushrooms, finely sliced and fried in butter with garlic
- Provolone cheese, 6 slices
- Fresh tomato relish
- Green oak lettuce leaves
- 3 lightly toasted brioche buns
Mix the brisket, chuck and striploin together and mince 3 times, chilling in the fridge between each mincing. Bind together into patties.
Grilled patties to the desired doneness.
Assemble the burgers by adding the bacon, mushrooms, cheese, lettuce and tomato relish, and serve with chunky chips and aioli.