Recipe: T bone steak with roast capsicum salsa and quinoa salad
Is there anything better than a steak on the barbecue on a hot summer afternoon? Add a beer and it’s about as close to perfection as you can get. This recipe for T bone steak with roast capsicum salsa and quinoa salad is the ultimate summer barbecue spread.
- 4 T-bone steaks
- Olive oil
- 150g of quinoa, washed and drained
- 300g of frozen broad beans
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup of mint leaves, torn
- ⅓ cup of parsley leaves, torn
- 80g of feta, crumbled
Roast capsicum salsa
- 1 roasted red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp of sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped mint & parsley
To make the salsa combine all ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and set aside for the flavours to infuse.
Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 10–12 minutes until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
Blanch the broad beans in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and refresh in cold water. Peel the outer skins from the broad beans(discard skins) and add to the quinoa along with the olive oil, lemon juice and zest and half each of the mint, parsley and feta. Toss gently to combine.
Preheat a barbecue or chargrill plate to high. Rub steaks with olive oil and season to taste. Cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium rare, or to your liking.
To serve place a t bone on a plate and top with salsa. Serve with quinoa salad garnished with remaining mint, parsley and feta.